How to Uninstall McAfee from your Computer?
McAfee is a premium antivirus that is very effective in ensuring robust virus protection to a computer. It has the ability to prevent any harmful malware and virus threat that can harm your system and give you problems. However there are times when you have to uninstall an antivirus to install some other programs or when you want to try out some other antivirus programs. Uninstalling McAfee is little bit complicated and need guidance. You can either consult the online antivirus experts for the required guidance or you can read the following to know how to Uninstall McAfee from your computer.
- In order to uninstall McAfee from your computer, you need to perform certain things. First of all, you have to uninstall the main program files from the system.
- Click on the “Control Panel” link in the Windows Start up menu. In the Control Panel, locate Program and Features menu. Click on it. In case you are using Category View, then you should click “Uninstall a program”.
- In the displayed list of programs, locate McAfee. If you have installed a good number of programs, it will take some time for the whole list to load. In case there are many McAfee products displayed in the list, you have to remove all of them.
- Select the McAfee program and click on Uninstall option. If the uninstallation process brings up some prompts, follow them. Repeat the same process for any other McAfee programs on the list.
- To make the uninstallation process faster and easier, there is a free program launched by McAfee that let you uninstall all McAfee products completely. You can directly download this program, McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool from the McAfee website.
- Once the program is downloaded, run it to remove the remaining components of McAfee. In this procedure, you will be asked to accept the license agreement and fulfill a Captcha to proceed. When the process will complete, you will see “CleanUp Successful” message. Reboot your system to complete the uninstallation process.
- In case “CleanUp Unsuccessful” message appears, select the “View Logs” option and save the Notepad file. Show this Notepad file to the technicians when you will contact the McAfee Technical Support.
Hopefully, this way you will be able to uninstall McAfee from your computer, however if you face any problems regarding antivirus or any other virus issues, you can contact our Online McAfee Antivirus Technical Support team.