Every day, hundreds of viruses, malware and spyware are unleashed by cyber criminals on the internet world. While virus and malware programs will harm your system by corrupting the system files, spyware programs tend to track your internet activities and try to steal your sensitive data or files. Cyber criminals can use this sensitive data to cause you financial loss and can also lead to identify theft. If you suspect that your system is infected with some spyware program, don’t panic. You can either consult the professional experts of our antivirus tech support team or you can choose to read the following guidelines that will help you in removing spyware from your system.
- First, run an effective anti-malware and anti-spyware program such as Combofix program on your system. It will scan your system for any threats and try to clean it.
- Now run Windows Update with the help of Internet Explorer or you can also open Windows Update by going to Tools and then selecting Windows Update. Running Windows Updates will ensure if your system is secure from unknown threats.
- It is advisable that you should download and install a good antispyware program, such as Spybot Search and Destroy or AVG anti-spyware.
- Once you install antispyware program, update definition files when asked to. Now reboot your system in Safe Mode.
- Perform a full system scan. If you find any spyware, remove it with the help of anti-spyware program.
- Restart your system again and perform another full system scan.
- In case you can’t find or remove any spyware from your system, scan your computer with the help of your antivirus. Most premium antivirus programs are capable to wipe out any kind of spyware.
- If your spyware problem still persists, you can download another anti-spyware specialist, HijackThis.
- Once downloaded, run the software, and save a log. You can use this saved log to paste in correct section of online forum of this application. Once posted, you will receive instructions about how to remove spyware from your computer.
We hope that you will be able to remove spyware from your system by following these guidelines, however if you seek expert help, you can contact our dedicated AVG Antivirus Tech Support team.